Steel Shot is exceptionally durable due to its low friability. The process of blasting actually further tempers and increases the shot’s hardness over time, allowing it to deliver consistent, repeatable performance over thousands of cycles. Steel Shot is used for heavy scouring and to produce very bright finishes.
C Mn Si S P
0.85-1.2% 0.62-1.2% 0.4-1.2% <= 0.05% <= 0.05%
- Hardness: Rockwell C (HRC) 40-50
- Density: ≥7.20 g/cm³
- Microstructure: Homogeneous tempered Martensite or Troosite
- External Form: Round or similar (deformity < 10%)
- S70, S110, S130, S170, S230, S280, S330, S390, S460, S550, S660, S780, S930
- Additional sizes on request
- Blast cleaning for casting, die-casting, forging, steel plate, H-type steel, and steel structures.
- Rust removal from casting, forging, steel plate, H-type steel, steel structures, and descaling of forgings.
- Shot peening of gear and for heat treatment.
- Shot blasting of profile steel, ship board, steel board, steel material, steel structures, and concrete.
- Pre-treatment before painting of surfaces, steel board, profile steel, and steel structures.
- Steel shot is generally employed in wheel machines where smoother finishes are required.
- It is also used in spin blast and conveyor applications when no rebound is present.